Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Synergy
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 02:11 AM   #9
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks2017 View Post
I've been looking into purchasing a Synergy from a local dealership. I love the size and functionality while my significant other loves the techno side of it. It's just hard to pull the trigger after I've read so many negative comments about thor products. Any advice on what to do???
We have a 2016.5 Thor Synergy TT24 (2015 Sprinter chassis) with about 24,000 miles on it. I like the floorplan, I like its mobility and being able to take it wherever we want (within reason), and its fuel economy. Yes, it had warranty issues that Thor should have handled in the factory but what I read on other owner's forum their manufacturers are just as complacent.

1. Do your homework and go to RV shows and dealer lots to see your model and explore what other manufacturers offer. It's a lot like house hunting so don't rush out and buy on a whim. On this, and other forums, owners will tell you the good and the bad of their ownership so if you see a Sprinter motorhome in a parking lot or interstate rest area you might ask for their opinion.

2. Figure out how you will use/load it, and evaluate the load capacities and holding tank sizes versus your personal expectations. Doing so may cause you to re-evaluate your choices.

3. Do you want new or used. Are you handy with do-it-yourself projects? Each and every RV (new and used) is a work in progress. They can also be a money pit if you go overboard on gadgets and stuff.

4. Evaluate the selling dealer. Some owners swear by the big dealers and others prefer the independent dealer. Try to find one that has a qualified service center and know that your rig will have issues while under warranty. If you are handy with tools you might avoid some trips to a dealer, and the more you can do yourself the better prepared you will be for when something happens on the road.

5. Use your motorhome often in the early weeks/months to ferret out the warranty problems and make a list. The list and photos of defects also help build your case and may be used by the dealer when they go to Thor.

6. Ask about the warranty period. Typically it is 12 months on the coach and longer for the chassis. Ask to see it in writing AND ALSO ask to see what the warranty is for the roof as they can be different.

7. Make an informed decision on the generator. Some prefer propane and some prefer diesel.

You get the picture. Read what others say but take everything with the proverbial grain of salt.

Best regards,
Ed L
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L V6
Beaver, WV
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.