Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #72
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Stapels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
On my second trip with my Axis the fold out counter extension fell not because it was not properly attached to the wall but because the entire wall pulled apart! Again BOTH staples failed! I repaired that myself using screws which should have been used to begin with. The small gauge staples used are not adequate to support the weight of the counter extension itself, neverless if there's anything actually on it!
On our 2017 Quantum - we had one of our dinette bench seats cave in while I was sitting on it. I only weigh about 180 so it was not unexpected weight.

I took it apart to see what was going on and there was only one cross bar in installed the middle of the bench. And guess what - it was stapled with a whopping three staples. The staples were shot from the top to connect the cross bar to the side frame. so as soon as any weight was on it the cross bar just pulled down away from the staples and fell off. The wood frame was also caving in as it was not well secured to the RV wall. I looked at the other side and same thing was happening there! (just not as fast because that is my wife's side and she only weighs 120)

I could have taken it back to the dealer for warranty repair but that would take weeks and we would be without our rig. I have wood working skills so I spent half a day playing carpenter and reinforced everything myself. Added more crossbars and added reinforcement for them.

I was amazed at the lack of engineering and the lack of workmanship on top of that. That was only one of the many items we have found wrong on our new rig. I do not think it is only a THOR issue. I believe all of the manufactures are turning out similar crap but that makes it no less disappointing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum