Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #18
beeryboats

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCarillon View Post
Berry you have an antenna booster/switch plate. If you are watching TV from the Antenna it is using the COAX connection not the HDMI. This Booster/switch plate It has 3 cables attached to it. 1 is the cable coming in from the Antenna, there is also cable coming from the outside of the coach which is the 2 inputs into the booster/switch plate. the 3rd cable should run to a splitter that has 3 cables out which run to all 3 TVS. When the plate is switched in the on position you are getting the signal from the antenna to your tvs. With this switch in the off position you are getting a signal from your Outside Cable. Now what I did was buy a 1 input to 2 output Coax Splitter I unhooked the outside coax from the plate and installed it on the input of the splitter. I then ran one output to the back of the plate switch to complete that circuit again and then the other output went to my DishNet receiver. I then ran the HDMI from the receiver to the HDMI splitter since its a 2 input switch box. Does this make sense
Yeah, had to read it eight times but I'm tracking. It looks like it would still take cable coming in as well as being able to see sat. My issue is that my sat output is old school RCA jacks. I would have to have a powered converter. And being dark as a coal mine in that cabinet it sure looks like the coax goes into the router box. I'll put on my headlamp and go take a look after dinner...
Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.