Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 02:48 AM   #1
Mothertype55

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Tennessee
THOR #4231
electrical settings for storage

Trying to figure out the best configuration for winter storage for my 37TB.. I've gotten confusing advice from the Thor techs, so hoping to benefit from the experience of other owners.

Last tech advised me to leave the battery set on "use", turn the inverter off and leave it plugged into regular household outlet to keep the batteries charged. I had already been advised to turn the frige off and leave the doors open, but when I plug in and turn the battery on, the frige lights stay on and I'm afraid they are going to burn out, not to mention the waste of electricity.

Is it better for the frige to be left on, or will that use too much electricity and drain the batteries? I left the doors open to prevent mold, but is that necessary? Is there some way to turn the lights off? It will be parked in the driveway while we are gone for two months.

I am completely confused about all this electrical stuff..

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum