Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Putting one up where the front is hanging isn't a problem. The weight is being held by the shocks and they are designed to do just that. The only bad part is that with the E450 chassis it looks bad due to the arc of the camber. I am going to create a retainer to cage the front axles simply to take the stress off of the shocks and make it easier to put cribbing under the front wheels.

GMC, we went to Paris Mountain State Park on SC a few weeks back. The "slight grade" on our site turned out to be bad enough that with over 10 inches of cribbing under the front jacks and at full extension, I would still need 13 inches of lift to level. I carry one compartment with nothing but cribbing. My coach is a 32 ft class C. For my next improvision, a string to tell me how much I need to get level.
Instead of a string get a Level Mate Pro. Once installed and calibrated it will tell you exactly how far off level your coach is in inches at each corner. I've had the LMP for several months now and it works great.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum