Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainscott32 View Post
Thanks for your replies. As I come from a boating background, CO scares the daylights out of me. I am not all that familiar with the systems that route the exhaust gasses above the coach. Is this a viable option for overnight? We are way off the grid when camping so generator noise is not an issue.

Thanks again!
Scott
Scott, I have a similar background. Over the years we would sometimes raft off with other boats overnight (younger party days). A couple of us had diesel boats w/generators but most had gas. The strict rule was none of the gas boats could have their generator's on at night.

If you are dry camping in temps that are mid 30's and higher I would just add another 12 volt. You should put 2 new ones in at the same time and not try to add one new one to the existing one. If you keep your furnace setting low enough those double 12 volts should see you through 8 hours if everything else but the frig is shut down.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.