Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Motorhome
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #19
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
tnedator, glad to gear you've had a good experience with MHSRV. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I seriously considered going there, but decided to stay closer to home. I think that might have been a mistake, especially since it looks more and more like I might be starting a third "career" as a motor home repairman in my driveway. Not what I had planned when I started this new aspect of life as a 70 year-old retiree with a new toy/hobby.
After all I read, I decided that anything major, or even non critical nuisance, really needs to be dealt with by Thor service if you can make the trip. That and the fact there will be issues, regardless of brand. Last week my sister and brother in law made the 6 hour drive to Red Bay (Tiffen) to take a number for yet another round of repairs (probably made 8, 10 or maybe 12 plus trips there). The way it works there is you have to show up in person, get a slot, and then they will give you a few days notice when your slot is approaching to get there fore service to be done. Not a bad system if you are close.

Anyway, based on everything I read and the not too impressive reviews of most of the Little Rock dealers (one had mixed reviews on forums and Google and I think they would be ok, but not sure), I just decided that if I was going to do this RV thing, I would need to try and do as much myself as possible, and beyond that, possibly pay a mobile tech for small things, and for stuff that needs to be fixed, but doesn't prevent using it, I would keep a list and make a trip either to MHSRV (7 hours) or Thor Service (10 hours) as needed.

Sounds good in theory, but we'll see how it works in practice, as I'm only a little over two weeks into this RV ownership thing.

I'm looking at that purchase savings as a "savings account" to pay for warranty items out of pocket, or get MHSRV or Thor to send me a part and either install myself or pay a mobile tech to install.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum