Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:25 AM   #20
ThePowells

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 31WS
State: North Carolina
THOR #9452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
I suppose camping with a wheel, or wheels raised off the ground boils down to personal preference. From all the responses it sounds like some folks feel it is okay and some feel it stresses the components.

This summer we pulled into a large resort CG during a storm. I positioned the coach, set the brake, and auto leveled while waiting for the rain/wind to die down. When I finally exited the coach I noticed that the door was sticking. The site was very low in the back and my rear duals were almost off the ground. The exit door of the coach not shutting correctly told me that my frame was flexing and I certainly was not going to stay in that position.

I pulled the jacks up and moved the coach a little on the site. I also drove the rear duals up on some pieces of lumber. I could then manually level and all was good.
I still try to somewhat level our coach before doing autolevel but I have also had to let those puppies hang loose. I am still adapting / adopting. I have had to walk the coach up and block the wheels, then retract and reblock the cylinders. We used to (they still may) put chains on the trailing arms on racecars to limit the extension travel during pit stops. I am considering fabricating something to allow me to do this on the front beams if I need to.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum