Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Dumb move -- overfilled fresh water - tank bulging

I was filling the tank as part of sanitizing. It was taking forever to fill, so I stuck the hose in and started to run some water through the faucets (until I smelled bleach) to do in parrallel. When I got back out, water was coming out around the hose, so I pulled it out, and then not only was water coming out the vent, but water was shooting back out the main gravity fill.

I'm not sure how long it did this, but more than a few seconds, probably 15 seconds or more. When I looked in the outside storage compartment under the kitchen counter where the fresh water drain and part of the tank is, I found the piece of wood that is under the tank was laying in the compartment and the tank was bulging down a good 4-6".

No idea if I did permanent damage, or whether any damage was done to the top of the tank or if all the bulging occurred in that spot. I'm draining the tank again to see if I can get that piece of wood back in place, which I imagine functioned as a support for the tank.

Then, I guess I will refill and see if there are any obvious signs of leaking.

Any thoughts on what I can check for damage? I'm leaving on a five day trip in the morning.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum