Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Brake systems
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #7
LockChuck92

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
What steered me away from systems like this was the inertia based system... Sounds great that it brakes when the coach brakes - but it doesn't know the difference between me hitting the brake pedal - or downshifting and engine braking... and I don't want the toad brakes engaged when I use engine braking on the MH.

Personal preference maybe... but why I chose what I did.

The Invisibrake is just the normal umbilical to the MH.. one additional wire attached along that for the monitor light on dash of MH, and of course the break away cable... Invisibrake takes care of charging the toad battery as well. All out of sight under the drivers seat of my Wrangler.
GMC, I thought the same thing before I dug a little deeper into the Stay In Play. It doesn't brake solely off of inertia; it is wired so that it detects when the brakes are actually applied in the motor home. Once the MH brakes are applied, it uses inertia to determine how much brake is needed. It will not brake unless the brake pedal is applied by the MH driver. Plus, it has a LED light that mounts on the back side of the toad rear view mirror (that you can easily see with your MH's rear view camera) that tells you when it is applying the toad brakes. I've read where some owners have extended the wiring to mount the LED in the cab of the MH. Regardless, it is one slick little system!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.