Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #13
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
If you install a quick-disconnect knife switch at the battery, doesn't this require the chassis computer to re-boot every time you re-connect? I know that in most late-model vehicles, the PCU computer is always drawing a small amount to keep engine control memory info for engine control systems. Would the PCU computer have to re-learn engine operation parameters? If so, would this pose a long-term computer problem? When you replace the chassis battery on any vehicle, the engine computer memory is wiped, and it takes a few miles of driving for it to re-learn engine control. My Vegas has had a dead battery 3 times while stored for less than three weeks. In the 3 weeks, I did not start the engine to charge the battery. It is parked right next to my house, so it would not be a problem to do so, but 2-3 week down-time seems a quick battery discharge. I have had other motorhomes that sat for over a month without start-up and had no problems. The dealer claims their electrical check indicated no draw at all, with ignition off. I question this finding, as I have experienced 3 dead batteries in less than a year. I think they just don't want to bother to track down a parasitic drain of some kind, or they just don't know how to do it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.