Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Brake systems
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 05:00 AM   #8
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
RV mechanic talked me into M&G brake system. It is air operated, so you connect an air house between coach and toad. If you have hydraulic brakes, like me, they as a small 12v compressor and tank on coach.

They tap into hydraulic line and the T valve allows for proportional braking. The harder you apply coach brakes, the harder the toad breakers are applied.

On the toad, they put a device in line, behind master cylinder, unlike some that have a cable hooked to brake petal and pulls petal, with M&G the brakes are applied purely by the device on the master cylinder.

It's truly hook up the air house between coach and toad and you are done.

Obviously, if you're coach has air brakes than the extra compressor isn't needed, and they put the original valve on the air brake line rather than hydraulic.

By the way, what I describe is not their new 2.0 brake system, which has a pull mechanism rather than master cylinder booster.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.