Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 AM   #14
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Also, it appears the overfilling identified another manufacturing defect in my coach (mostly they've been minor, but quite a few).

So, when I overfilled, I said the board supporting it came down. I attributed that all to my goof up.

I went on a four hour drive Tuesday, and about an hour or so in, I decided to stop to take a look. I was really looking to see if there was any water in the compartment, indicating a tear/rupture up above that only moving around would find.

What I found was the board once again laying in the cargo bay. This time I paid closer attention to what was wrong.

So, this is black board is under the tank and sits on a black metal band hanging from the coach floor. There is a think black shield that screws to the black band covering about 3/4 of the front of the tank (they leave the one area visible to see the level -- I now realize).

So, the same screws that hold this thin cover in place are about an inch or longer and apparently are supposed to screw into that board. However, the board is in at an angle, so the right hand screw never made contact, and the left hand screw looked to only be about 1/8" (maybe less) into the board.

So, while my overfilling popped out that tiny bit of screw penetration, it was probably just a matter of time until that board fell when driving.

Fortunately, I was stopped in a harbor freight parking lot. I transferred most of the water to my black/grey tanks to get it light enough to get the board back under it and got some very thick zip ties from Harbor Freight and zip tied it all in place.

Another thing for the list of stuff to get fixed when I head up to Thor factory service

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum