Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #4
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Our 2015 Challenger has a 5 speed transmission. Screaming shifts on hills or even small humps on expressways. Also, not very peppy on on-ramps. So we purchased the 5 Star Tune. Boogity Boogity.

Nice changes. I can set the cruise at about 67 and let the cruise do it's thing - small humps are no longer a problem. Going up a steep grade, we can kick off the cruise, hit the throttle to force shift out of OD and climb steadily up the hill. Then re-engage cruise via Res.

While the Challenger V10 will never be confused with a sports car, it is much peppier than previously. 5 Star has optimized the power bands and shift points. Nice job.

Even better I've contacted 5 Star and told them about something in the shifting that wasn't working for me. Chris (5 Star POC) responded quickly and asked for more details. Chris quickly turned around the new tune. Bingo Bango Bongo.

A final note, I wanted and thought that I might see an improvement in mileage. Many of you know, I've quit tracking MPG. Cannot do much about except go slower. Problem is the power band drives much better at 67 mph.

Note: I purchased the 5 Star Tune originally for a Forest River Georgetown. It just wasn't seeming to help. 5 Star quickly refunded my full purchase without reservation. Terrific customer service.

Lots of info here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/5-sta...uy-353909.html

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum