Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 04:13 AM   #10
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
I guess I might be the only one so far that is not impressed with the flash. I have a 2017 F53 chassis V10 3V 6 speed transmission. Engine performance was no better than without the flash. Shifting was not any better, in fact a little worse because it wants to up shift when I let up on the throttle. When accelerating onto the freeway I had to manually shift so it wouldn't up shift and just not accelerate properly. In the tow mode it is a little better but not by much. It now has the engine check light coming on about every 250 miles. I bought a OBD reader and it was telling me every thing was going wrong. From gas cap being off to the cat having a fault. I would reset the codes and in 250 miles it would all come back. I've had emails in with no response what so ever. I would like my money back but who knows...
What I have seen is anyone that has a 2016 or older, this flash works really well, but I think Ford (despite the modest HP and torque numbers) has brought the engine to it's max. I have no problem getting our 18,000 class A up a 18% grade or getting onto the freeway in stock form. Even with a 4000 trailer/tow car. The only thing I miss is it removes the speed limiter. At this point I would say save your money if you have a 2016 or newer F53 chassis. Just saying....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.