Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 01:24 AM   #31
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Picked up my Axis 25.2 from CW the other day after some work and GS free annual 22 point inspection. They adjusted the air pressure to 70lbs all the way around. I usually run 80 which is what the sidewall has printed as the max. Thought about it and increased rears to 75 when I got home and left the front at 70 but the manufacturer sticker says 80 dual and 75 single so I'm going to keep them close to their recommendation and just enjoy.

Quote:
IMHO, seems like we may be obsessing a bit much on tire pressures.
I think you're right. I think back to the old 26 (?) passenger Ford bus that was used to haul boy scouts to monthly campouts, summer camps, etc. I drove it for three years bouncing through woods that pickup trucks would probably be afraid to go into. We traveled to summer camps in North Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina from Florida. If it was serviced the scoutmasters did it. Usually a oil change before summer camp. The tires were awful, probably ten years old but never had a problem with them. They were finally replaced the year after I quit driving. As for air pressure, they were checked about every 6 months except for the inner rear. Couldn't get anything on those valves. What a piece of junk but it got us around to great places and fun. Yeah, I think we obsess at times. Oh, the transmission caught on fire on the interstate outside Birmingham, Al one year. Fuel pump quit while in remote woods in a national forest once. GOOD TIMES! We always stopped for ice cream on the way back from weekend campouts on Sundays.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.