Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #27
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Mine came with a Dometic 13,500BTU in the rear. I was dubious about it, but decided that since there are so few cubic feet inside the Gemini, I would give it a shot. Unfortunately, when the temps are high, and the sun is beating directly on the MH, the cab area super heats, and radiates more heat back into the living space than the one AC could possibly keep up with. Possibly if the cab area could be closed off, but that's not possible, since some of the cab space becomes living space when parked. I really saw no way around some form of additional cooling capacity, and since being comfortable inside is important to my wife, our dog and to me, decided to bite the $$ bullet and have a second AC installed. Dealer says they have actually done quite a few of them. Should get it back sometime this week, anxious to try it out with all the new stuff, including the added HWH leveling system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum