Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Axis Rear Tail light and front amber parking light issue:

I notice today that water was collecting in the rear tail light assembly. I decided to take them apart to dry them out. To my surprise, I discovered that the tail light assembly on the right side only had three screws and the left side only had four screws securing them to the coach. At least three of the screws were stripped out. The screws that are missing may have just fallen out. The wood was completely soaked and full of wood savings. I cleaned out the savings and dried the wood the best that I could. I sure hope this doesn’t cause a problem with delamination down the road. I have also had to remove and take apart the front amber parking lights to remove water from them as well. Has anyone else seen this issue? How would you go about preventing the water intrusion? I will probably repair the stripped wood treads using golf tees and wood glue. However, I do not believe this will prevent water from penetrating the seal again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum