Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #16
SammyC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Just completed a nearly 1000 mile round trip to Destin, Florida and back, and I gotta tell ya, my ACE 30.2 performed excellently! I definitely was thankful for the suspension upgrades (CHF, Sumo Springs, Roadmaster rear sway bar, and Safe T Plus) as the winds on the way down were a steady 20-30mph. I was towing my 4-door Jeep Wrangler, and there were definitely some white-knuckle moments combining that wind with passing semis and construction (primarily uneven lanes in the pavement). I honestly don't know if I could've held her in my lane at times without those upgrades.

We stayed in a very nice rv resort with some extremely NICE rigs (the one across from us listed for $2.5 Million. That's right...$2,500,000. Unbelievable). It was a Newell, I believe. I had never even heard of Newell, much less seen one. I suppose $2.5 mil is a little outta my price range!!

Anyhoo, we hooked up and stayed all week with nary a problem. The only issue we found was the USB charging port in the bedroom doesn't charge. Seems that there's no power to it. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know below.

Driving back home, without the wind, was as pleasant of an experience as I could've asked for. We had a great time, and we love our new ACE!

I have the same usb problem with my ace 30.2.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum