Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
CSR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Good Feedback - Thanks!

Hi Peterrrr and Metalgator,

Thanks for your kind comments and participation in this thread!

Other than this post, I have not provided this feedback directly to Firefly or Thor (yet). I've heard that Thor does monitor these forums though. I'm not sure about Firefly or other parts manufactures. Though I think they would be wise to do so. There's a lot of good stuff here.

The bump dots idea is a clever work around. I might have to try something similar.

Also, I suspect you are correct regarding the battery and back light challenge. Hmmm... Maybe the panels could be hardwired with rechargeable batteries. And/or maybe a dim motion light could be positioned above every control panel might work too. Just enough light to see the buttons. I've been looking for some battery powered night lights to do just that. So far, everything I've found is too big and bulky.

Seeing the control pad is one issue, but not being able to tell if a function is off or on is another design challenge I hope Thor and/or Firefly can resolve.

Thanks again for the ideas and feedback!

Best regards,

CSR

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum