Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Dbadger777

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
If you can stand the smell of peppermint oil; I have become a firm believer in peppermint oil. When we are camping I put a dropper of peppermint oil on some cotton pads and drop them around the coach. I mix some peppermint oil with water and spray the wheels. I have watched chipmunks go right up to the coach and then retreat. We don't store ours much, but when we do, it's in our son's pole barn. It's an 60X 35 ft X 16 feet high barn. I put a dropper of peppermint oil on about 8 cotton pads and put a few in the engine compartment and the rest through out the coach. Even in that large barn you can smell the peppermint weeks later. I put out traps with peanut butter, plus poison. with the smell of the peppermint oil, those traps are never touched.
Two years ago; chipmunks got into our engine compartment and chewed up some wires. That was expensive. I started using the peppermint oil. I have trapped 11 chipmunks this fall from behind my pole barn. Can't tell you how many mice I trap a year. They don't go near the MH. Can you tell; I believe in Peppermint oil!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum