Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #6
B7smith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: California
THOR #9328
Solar Suitcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
Thanks! I was thinking 30’ cables, but also read longer cables can mean lesser charge getting to the batteries so I guess having a couple different lengths might be useful.

How did you add the plug? Did you connect directly to your battery, or was there something already there from Thor?
The solar suitcase comes with large alligator clips that you can go directly to the battery. I removed the clips and added a 12 volt male and female setup wired directly into the battery with a 10 amp fuse. This is the same setup used on most Forest River Travel Trailers that are pre wired for Zamp Solar. I can usually top off both batteries within two hours on a sunny day. On a semi cloudy day as expected it takes longer. All the parts are available on Amazon along with the solar suitcase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	7419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	7420  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	7421  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.