Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
Hardtime01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1775
2015 ACE Dead Batteries

I am new to this lifestyle and hope you all will bear with my newness... My wife and I purchased a new ACE last July and took a trip out west, 6000 miles in a month or so. Since our return home I have been having problems with the house and starting battery. As the unit sits it somehow kills both batteries. I have replaced the house battery as it seemed to 'boil" out the water, and also the battery that starts the unit was replaced by Ford. Since the battery replacement. the unit has sat in the yard, about 3 weeks. I went to start it yesterday and nothing, no house battery power or battery to start the motor. I jumped it off and everything worked fine. I place the switch inside to "store" setting as I was told to do where I purchased it before letting it sit for any length of time. Any ideas what's killing my batteries, or is this normal? I didn't think I had to start this unit every week, but do I ? Any help or advice? Thanks...Mark

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.