Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to Thor
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 02:29 AM   #40
Tearstone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
Awesome looking rig. Enjoy the site, learn from others failures and successes. One thing to remember, it's a house on wheels...I don't know of any that don't have some issues. Don't let them get the best of you, be handy and most will be very small tasks. Nay-sayers troll the site but folks on here are very helpful.
I went into this with my eyes wide open. I didn't think for a second that RV manufacturers have any sense of a Six Sigma approach to minimizing defects in their manufacturing processes.

Tonight was our first time out with the RV. We already detected a leak under the kitchen sink where there is an inline coupling I've normally seen on residential faucets. It's where the faucet pulls out to rinse dishes. The coupling relies on two o-rings for a seal. Looks like water is getting past both of those and leaking under the cabinet into the basement below.

I began seeing water dripping down into the water bay when I was down figuring out how to setup the stinky slinky. Observing the position of the leak, it seemed to be about where the kitchen was. I went topside and identified the issue pretty quickly. I decoupled that, wrapped some plumbers tape around it and it stopped the leak. I'm going to get some new o-rings perhaps a tinge bit beefier to ensure a proper seal occurs.

My concern is that on the Miramar 34.4, there is a bundle of electrical wires that runs beneath the sink. These wires lead up to the control panel on the wall. That seems like an obvious design oversight. I don't think it poses any immediate danger, but I certainly don't want to play with fire and have to contend with any long term damage.

Somehow, we've manage to miss that there was no toilet paper holder on the wall in the water closet. Upon closer inspection, it looks like it was removed off of the wall and not reinstalled. I think the best idea would be to insert some plastic anchors where those holes are and attach a new one from Home Depot.

Working with these problems has definitely made this exciting.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum