Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #34
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
I've got a question about order. My 31W has stickers on the Autolevel panel saying to level then put out the slide. During my walk around orientation at General RV, the tech said to run the slide first and then level so the offset weight was taken into account in the leveling.

Pete
This has been pretty well covered in previous replies to you, but I will add that I think in the Thor manual they even go on to say that you can do structural damage leveling it with the slides out. I doubt very much you did when the tech showed you that (I've been trying to remember, but I think the tech that did my walk through might have showed me the leveling with the slides out, but then again, he might have run them in first -- not sure).

If you use Autolevel, you can either rezero it with the left side a bit high, so that way it will always auto level the left a bit high and then when you run out the slides it will sag back down to level, or you can auto level and then give the left a bump or two (or whichever side your slides are on) to raise it a bit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum