Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #35
RVbeetle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 31w
State: New York
THOR #3786
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
The weight difference on the jacks from wheels on ground but suspension extended - and wheels off the ground - just isn't that large... The systems are rated to lift well over the weight we are lifting.
Jacks will leak sometimes - but tying that to having lifted the front wheels off the ground is a stretch in my opinion.

To keep the weight off the jacks, you would need to fully level with blocks - and use the jacks for at most stabilizers.... I got the jacks for convenience and not having to deal with the blocks.

Replacing the pump for a leak at the jacks?? or you can't find the leak?
Gmc, is such a far stretch as you say, what it suppose to do and what's it not doing is two different things. you come pay the bill when I get it fixed. To clarify I have hydraulic juice all over the RV pump and underneath the bottom of my Rv. Look I see you have alot of knowledge but you don't have to post if you don't know what your talking about. Granted the jacks should lift the RV no problem; is it worth taking a chance having your wheels off the ground and Dealing with a potential leak or bad pump.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.