Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #41
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbeetle View Post
Gmc, is such a far stretch as you say, what it suppose to do and what's it not doing is two different things. you come pay the bill when I get it fixed. To clarify I have hydraulic juice all over the RV pump and underneath the bottom of my Rv. Look I see you have alot of knowledge but you don't have to post if you don't know what your talking about. Granted the jacks should lift the RV no problem; is it worth taking a chance having your wheels off the ground and Dealing with a potential leak or bad pump.
You're attacking GMC because you are frustrated, but you aren't hearing what he's saying.

What is the difference on the jacks whether the front wheels are off the ground completely or not? It would be the weight of the wheels and suspension that hangs. Actually, only part of the suspension weight, because once the jacks lift the front end at all, they are now sharing the load with the tires.

In my coach, my front axle weighs in at 6500 lbs, how much of that is the tires and wheels, maybe 250lbs or so? Another 250lbs or so in the "partial suspension" weight that the tires are carrying when the front end is raised, but the tires not fully off the ground?

So, something like 6000 lbs carried by the jacks and 500 lbs by the wheels, give or take, vs 6500 by the jacks if they carry the full weight with the wheels off the ground.

Yes, I'm spit balling the numbers and they might be off by a bit, but the point is that if you raise the front end at all with the jacks, then they will immediately be carrying most of the weight and the difference in weight between the tires on and off the ground is minimal and not going to be enough weight to cause the leaks you describe.

Frustrated or not, you really shouldn't attack someone who is trying to help. But, if you must attack someone without cause, at least try and get your facts straight.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum