Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 03:07 AM   #55
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelChristmas View Post
Glad to see some discussion on the Gemini. I own the TR model. My dealer is 300 miles away so I have dealt with the with the dealer via phone and parts shipped to me for replacement. From lurking on this forum and others it seems there are some standard problems with them all. Here is a list of mine for the summer:
1) Water heater gas valve had to be replaced, 2) water heater door was replaced, 3) bedroom blind was replaced, 4) shower pan was poorly caulked and we redid that, 5) fridge door panel slid out of frame and was re-glued, 6) all wiring harnesses under the rig were shortened and zip tied up.

All in all my only real complaint was the wiring harnesses underneath the rig. How that made it through quality control I will never know. Most of it was heater pads on the holding tanks but a few others as well. The other thing I have yet to do is jack up the rig and remove the rear tires and then actually drill holes in the brackets that hold the mud flaps and brackets that hold them. Mine are just hanging there between the two metal brackets. For now I used gorilla tape to hold them in place. You all should check yours and your wiring.

I have added mud flaps to the front tires and also custom built a bumper with a bike rack that also holds the stinky slinky. Also made cab exterior window covers and fasten them on rare earth magnets, they work great. My next add will be some cab running boards. Not many good options out there, to bad Thor does not have them as stock.

We did one long trip and a few short trips this summer. I am really liking the Ford chassis. The engine is great, if they ever put that diesel in a pickup truck I would own one. I have only been getting around 14.5 miles per gallon but am not complaining because it was hill and mountain driving.

Overall we are happy with the rig. The size is perfect for us as we did not want to tow a vehicle, just use the Gemini to get around wherever we are.

Oh, and yes the owners manuals suck! Someday I will write my own.
The reading I have done says that this will probably be the same engine that they put in the 2019 Ford Ranger. I will have my eye on this one when it comes out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.