Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 01:13 AM   #14
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickwit View Post
Picked up the MH and went for short half day trip last weekend. Wow, the alignment sure makes a huge difference and I'm no longer fighting with the MH. After having driven it briefly when the Safe-T unit was uninstalled and now with it correctly installed, I am now understanding the meaning of "steering dampener". I think the best way I can describe the steering is that it's now kinda squishy feeling or sluggish. I don't mean in a bad way but it's not all touchy like it was when Safe-T was removed.

When I was on I-5 in areas with smooth asphalt and straight line, I could really feel how the Safe-T unit helps pull the coach through in straight line. In other words, help keep the steering in one direction. It takes a little getting used to driving on big bends as the coach sometimes doesn't respond as quickly.

Anyways, overall I'm pretty happy with it and glad we got it resolved between new bushing/steering rod replacement, alignment of both the coach and the Safe-T unit. I'm still looking into the CHF in the near future. Hope this is helpful for others reading this!
So, the Safe-T-Plus was removed and then you had it reinstalled? I hope it's something that works. I'm in motion to have one installed next week. :-)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.