Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by aforder View Post
Tried that route with our Thor Palazzo in FL. Does require mediation and is not very easy to accomplish. Remember to notify each manufacturer of your intent (for instance, schwintek and Thor must receive notice for slide issues). You must give all manufacturers an opportunity to "respond" to your intentions.

Our lemon law attempt failed and we are still dealing with issues on our slide.
Sorry to hear about your experience, I too have been extremely dissappointed with THOR!

I've hired an attorney and am taking action that way! After 12 months of ownership, with half of that having the coach out of commission for repairs, I've given up!

It's unfortunate that the lemon law for RV's is so narrow in scope! It seems as though it will take legislative action to change the lemon law statute as it applies to RV's. Clearly the builders were able to influence these statutes as they were enacted around the country.

I've been in contact with my states attorney general as well as my elected representatives. I'm exploring the idea of attempting an amendment or a resolution to the Washington state lemon law to make some changes!

I urge everyone out there that is having problems to do a couple of things;

1. Keep good records and documentation on your vehicle
2. Hold your dealer/manufacturer accountable for repairs
3. If you find things are not getting resolved to your satisfaction reach out to your states attorney general for assistance. They are generally the first stop for self help.
They should also have the names of lemon law attorneys in your area that may be able to give you advice!

If enough complaints go through the AG's office about a manufacturer maybe it could be the catalyst to effect a change in the law to better protect the consumer, not the big manufactures!!

Good luck!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.