Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Just to throw another kink into the discussion, I only re-adjusted the rear sway bar endlinks and left the front as they were, mainly because I didn't like the angle the front endlinks were going to be at. I "prefer" the endlink to sway bar angle be as close to perpendicular as possible.

The plates Jerry added mitigates this angular problem pretty well, from what I could see.

I've driven my 29M about 7-8 K miles since then and haven't had any ill effects from leaving it that way. Actually, I like it better now, for sure.

From suspension/engineering POV, stiffer Rear Sway bar should throw a little more weight on the front axle, and add just a little oversteer, maybe.
Check this website for basic Sway bar (ARB, Anti-Roll Bar) tuning thoughts.
anti-roll bar (sway bar) - iRacing.com Wiki

Given the $$ and opportunity, I will probably go with Sumo Springs all around first (Control the suspension travel during roll events), then work the Front Sway bar endlinks. After that, I will look at the Saf-T-Steer, then lastly the Track bar if needed.

As you can see, Personal Preference factors pretty highly in the realm of Steering and Suspension mods.

Just my 2 cents.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.