Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Safe-T-Plus Instl

I realize this has been posted to death here and I can't seem to find another for the life of me. So..... I posted it again. Hope that's OK.

I made the drive to Safe-T-Plus in Atlanta, Ga yesterday and had one installed at the factory. I live in South East Ga.
I can say I do feel a difference in level road driving. I do not get the stiff steering some have mentioned.
I do believe it is tracking well since we did a good drive test after instl and before I left. You know the drill I'm sure about the road test but the company tech had me drive several local area roads near the company where I had nice room to drive the middle / crown of the road. The initial instl was great as is. No need to adjust which the tech was prepared to do on the test drive. Then he had me get on the freeway and drive in the center lane for about 10 miles. Tracking was fine in all situations. Back to the factory, drop off the tech and head home. About 260 mile drive.

At this time, I am feeling seriously good about the fact that there is a great change / improvement when an 18 wheel truck blows past me. As you know, we get a big head wind (push) when the trucks start passing by which changes to a draft (pull) in the opposite direction as the passing of the truck completes the pass. At least that's the feel I get. At times it was difficult at best for me to not over correct the steering and end up off the edge of the hi-way. I now no longer have that issue.
Well, I say no longer, it's no longer for most rigs. On the way home I did have a small number of trucks pass by that did a little push but nothing at all like it was.
I pulled up to the back of the factory at 3AM and settled down for a little rest. Called them at 8AM to be sure they were ready. I was in the shop by 8:15AM and left to drive home by 9:30. Installed, tested, had coffee and donuts, paid and heading back to South East GA in a very short time.

At this point, I'm happy with the product. I'll repost further should I encounter an issue that warrants an update.

Actually, I have a trip to Memphis coming up soon and can further update after that.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear of factory.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	7590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coach behind factory.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	7591  

Click image for larger version

Name:	STP 2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	7592   Click image for larger version

Name:	STP unit.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	7593  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.