Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #9
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
We have a 2017 Axis 25.5. We bought it for the versatility in the bedding, being able to switch from twin beds to king size and the larger bathroom and larger shower in the rear of the coach. We are in our 70's and like the twin bed set up (actually not quite twins in size as they are only 32" wide) but our adult kids can use it and set it up as a king bed if they wish. The biggest difference with the 25.5 is there is less outside storage and more inside storage. 25.5's have about half the outside storage of other Axis/Vegas models. This wasn't a problem for us but could be if you intend to haul a lot of large bulky gear like screen rooms, dining tents, etc. I also like the fact that the 25.5's are built on the E450 chassis, which is stronger and heavier duty than the E350's and the 6 speed transmission can help with your gas mileage. I do wish Ford would add the manual transmission shifting mode to the E450, that my F150 pickup has on it's 6 speed tranny, as it gives you a lot more control, especially in mountain driving, using the toggle switch on the shift leaver to easily shift up or down, as needed.
The bottom line is, get what fits your needs and desires and enjoy it! Good luck in your choice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.