Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Crowley Ridge
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
P.S. Nearly as rare as a carrier pigeon, a fellow ACE 30.3 RVer.
Yep. We got ours in July and love it so far. I had a few minor issues that I complained quite a bit about on another thread, but the problem wasn't so much with the coach as the service process within the RV industry. Once I got it in, the dealer's service folks did a very good job. So far, this trip everything is working fine.

Crowley Ridge was nice. Very quiet and uncrowded, only 5 or 6 people there. They only have one pull-through. Everything has 30 amp power and water, no sewer, but when we left this morning there was no one at the dump station, so there would have been no waiting line if we had used it. We didn't need to dump right then, so we just waited until we were hooked up here at Downtown.

Downtown is also nice, not as quiet as Crowley Ridge because it's a couple hundred yards from the I-30 bridge across the Arkansas River. All the sites are concrete and level. I put my satellite dish tripod out, laid my level on it and didn't have to adjust a thing. They only have 50 amp power, at least in the pull throughs, but if you don't have one, they will sell you a 50-30 converter for $22.50. I had already bought one (a different brand) elsewhere for $15. Of course, you might have the two a/cs and 50 amps, so not an issue. The first row is all back-ins and right on the riverbank. The middle row is LARGE pull-throughs (actually two head-to-head sites) with a good view of the river and the bridges with the nightly light show. It is a gated community, also. They give you the gate code when you check in so you can get back in if you are out after 5:00 pm. When I called to make a reservation, they told me if I was going to arrive after 5:00 pm to call them after 4:00 and before 5:00 to let them know when I was going to be there.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum