Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
23U_2016

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #7389
I bought a new Four Winds 23U last June. Drove 60 on I81 and when a truck passed doing 75 it threw me all over. White knuckle. I added a sway bar on the rear. Easy bolt on job. Heavy duty. That helped a lot. Weighed at a CAT certified scale fully loaded. Went to the Michelin web site for air pressure according to weight. That helped more. Then I read about 3 + degrees of positive camber on front wheels. It seems that the E450 has low camber to make for easy steering box trucks in the city. Positive camber tightens it all up. The local Ford dealer had to put camber shims in to get it to my specs. Now the steering and handling is excellent. Search the forum for the amount of positive camber to use. If you do not have any luck I will look up what I did.
As to my overall judgement of the 23U on the E450 chassis with the Ford Triton V10 motor, it is an excellent product. I can pass a semi going up a mountain and sometimes average 10MPG. Most of the time I get around 8 or 9 mpg. I saved a ton of money with the V10 so I can afford a lot of gas. The "house" installed by Thor is also very good. All the latest technology works very well. So what I have to tighten a screw or adjust a window every now and then. My wife and I are having a blast. By the way, I found a local RV expert welder to upgrade my 500# tongue weight Class IV hitch to a true class IV rating of 1,200 + #s.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum