Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
I have a Four Winds 26B which is basically the same unit. Take it to a Ford Truck Service Center capable of working on your RV and have them install the caster/camber adjusters and realign it for highway use. It will make a world of difference. I was on the road in all the wind a couple weeks ago and managed to get around quite well. Thor or the dealer will likely not pay for it but you can take that issue up with them. Regardless, get it done and the knuckles will quit being white (most of the time-after all it is a big box in the wind). In fact on normal days I have no problem safely rolling down the highway at 75mph (the posted speed limit in some states).

Also, some of your initial issues were likely related to what some refer to as dually scrub which is new tires on a dually before it scrubs the edges in a little and the single track worn into many highways.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I will give it a little more time and see what Ford/Thor/CW might do for me. I suspect the situation will improve as I get used to it. Happy Motoring.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum