Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #10
JamJanTan

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Thanks for the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Temps to hit 20's here in the Georgia mountains this weekend and since we are not going anywhere for the next three months, it was a good time to break out the air compressor and antifreeze.

A couple things about the 29fe and possibly some others as well. The water pump is under the jackknife sofa, miserable location as to gain access to it, the sofa is neither closed or open but half way in between. First thing needed was a 2 x 4 cut to length to prop the thing open in it's half way state. Note to self, do not accidentally knock the 2 x 4 out from under while your hand is under it. Ask me how I know.

Next remove two panels, one under the sink where the trash can is stored to access the water heater valves. The second is in the bathroom under the shower pan in front of the toilet. There you will find the hidden low point drains.

On to the water heater to remove the plastic drain plug. Bring a 1" wrench. No way to get a socket on it. It will drain faster if you open the pressure relief valve. That done, back inside to turn the water heater valves to bypass position.

I used a pancake compressor set to 30 psi and attached it to the city water fill. Then started the process of opening one faucet at a time until nothing but air came out. Then open the low point drains to get any residual water. While this was going on, I had opened the fresh water tank valve as it takes a while to drain the half full tank. When I finished with the compressed air blow out, I closed the low point drains.

Back to the miserable sofa, hooked up a jug of antifreeze to the water pump supply, turned off the valve from the tank feed and fired up the pump to begin filling the water lines with antifreeze. Since the grey and black were empty, I used a bucket to catch the residual water until the faucets ran red excepting the toilet of course.

The outside kitchen has a macerator pump to empty the sink. It takes a little extra antifreeze to make sure the pump is protected. Finish everything off by putting a cup or so of antifreeze down each drain.

Have fun. Oh it takes about two full gallons to winterize the 29fe, that's if you first used compressed air to clear most of the water.
First thanks for the informative post some people just can't let someone say something without trying to one up them. Second a question. When I look under the shower there are three valves. I assume the two very close together very close the the front are the low drains. Any idea what the third valve further back is? Looks like it is on the hot water system but don't know what it's function is. Any ideas? Again thanks for the great post.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum