Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:31 AM   #98
Budman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Here's some of the actual hitch failing. I was pulling an enclosed Haulmark trailer w one Harley in it. The bike was mostly behind the axle so I do not think it was tongue weight. I had some clothes hanging in the front of the trailer and maybe a cooler w adult beverages. I also was using an one foot extension with a double hitch for a bike rack but no rack or bike this trip or very often.
Even if at the reduced weights, total and tongue, I usually didn't haul any more than the trip listed above.
As u will see that is the actual hitch that broke. It broke right in a bend of the metal where I am sure it had be stamped/pressed into that shape. As mentioned, check regular all over coach and be very observant.
I had not noticed anything strange about hitch until I pulled into campground after a 600 mile. I could have lost trailer and bike but more scary is it could have hurt someone. Thx Dennis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer hitch fail 1 2016.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	7854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer hitch fail 2016.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	7855  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.