Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
baloo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37MD
State: Kentucky
THOR #10080
Getting a 2014 Outlaw 37MD. Any precautions, suggestions, advice?

We locked onto a 2014 THor Outlaw 37MD. Has 13,500 miles.
It's from a dealership.

Have a few questions:
1) Any special areas, issues, or typical problems that I should focus on that are typical of this model?

2) I know the subject of warrantees is controversial, but I am thinking about buying a 5 year/60K mile policy from American Guardian for the "peace of mind" aspect. Quoted a price of $2499 for the "Platinum - Exclusionary coverage" version. Anyone have comments, suggestions, etc., in regards to this company, or specific details in the warranty verbiage to watch out for?
(BTW, we had a Cornerstone warranty on a previous 2012 Outlaw 3611, and it was key to selling the coach since it was transferable. However, we NEVER used the policy, so it's difficult to gauge whether it was worth it. MH's are a PITA to sell, in case you have never tried to sell one yourself....)

3) I am not certain, but I THINK this 2014 should have side cameras? Right? Can these cameras be turned on as needed (for instance, if you want to see what is on left or right sides) without turning on the turn signals?
Can left, right, and rear cameras all be viewed, simultaneously on the video screen, or only one at a time?

4) For 37MD owners specifically, how is that rear pull-out couch for sleeping? We specifically shopped for either a 37MD or a 37RB for 3 reasons:
A) we did not like crawling up into the attic to sleep, but we really like the upstairs area for the expanded space.
B) We also did not like the idea of having to pull down or lower a bed everytime we wanted to lie down.
C) We wanted the sliding glass patio doors between coach and the garage that the MD and RB offer. We travel with 3 very large dogs, and their typical hangout at an RV park is in the rear garage and out on the elevated and fenced rear ramp/patio. The glass slider lets us insert one of those dog-door sliders so they can go in and out of air conditioned space, plus gives us visibility on them when we're sitting inside the AC'd/heated coach.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.