Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Airing tires
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Any tricks to putting air in rear duals. It is a pain in the you know what. Everyone says don't put extensions on.
My Challenger owner's manual changed in regards to valve stem extensions. The manual (dated 2012) that I was provided with the coach at purchase stated that Thor does not recommend using valve stem extensions. The updated manual (dated 2014) I received upon request states that if using extensions "make sure they are good quality stainless steel braid reinforced, and are securely anchored to the outer wheel"

Unaware of the change in the manual I had my selling dealer install extenders on my inside duals and the set they installed sold for 90.00 inside their parts department. At the time I felt that if extensions were good for a 22.5 chassis on a Tuscany they were good for the same tires on the 22.5 chassis on a Challenger. The dealer installed them and my vent covers at no cost to me.

I have put approx. 2000 miles on the coach and haven't lost a pound of air.

I will say that my prior Class C had extensions installed by Forest River and it was a royal pain filling those tires. The extensions they installed were not air hose friendly and only certain types of air chucks could put air in the tires. These extensions were the angled and straight type you can but at any run of the mill auto parts store.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.