Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Vibration dampening for laptop computers

Has anyone out there have the same problem and/or solution for a vibration dampening pad for the laptop work station in the passenger area of their Thor MH? When we’re going down the road my wife loves the computer work station in our ACE and spends a lot of her time working and socializing from her laptop. However most of the highways we travel are quite bumpy to say the least! Especially the bridge gaps and expansion joints. She is always picking up her laptop when she sees a bridge coming or signs for bumpy roads ahead. It becomes a real pain for her( and me as she complains) to work on some stretches of roadway we travel.

I have done all of the suspension upgrades for handling on the MH except for the shocks and am quite happy with how the rig rides, and it wouldn’t even be an issue except for her spending long hours working at the computer while we drive. I have done searches on the internet for vibration dampening pads for laptops and haven’t found a commercially available product as of yet?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum