Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Laptop padding

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I don’t think she is specifically worried about her laptop crashing, although on some roads it does get beat up prett bad!
She does design work using graphs, lines etc. It is extremely difficult to do this type of stuff while the unit is bouncing all over the place. She isn’t able to use any kind of soft foam or pillow type stuff or the unit will overheat. Laptops need air circulation underneath them to stay cool. I did find these cooling pads on Amazon with several fans in them for use while using them in your lap. I’m thinking that I could then put a soft foam under the cooling pad to provide the shock absorption and stability needed? Not sure if this will work or not. I will keep researching it. The idea on commercial vibration dampening did provide some ideas on types of materials that may work.

Thanks again

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum