Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
2015 Thor Windsport 34F Front Dash Radio won't run without generator running AV614BH

So when we brought our new 2015 Thor Windsport 34F home from Camping World last week, we drove it home and the front dash radio was on and operational just fine. We used the cameras, radio, etc. all the way home. The generator was not running.

Yesterday, we took it to campsite. We connected it to camp power, water, etc. and stayed one night. Today, when we left the campground, the in dash front radio/camera system will not run without the generator being on.

I tried turning the coach off and back on again. I tried turning the radio off first, then turning the generator off, then starting the coach. Nothing.

We have an AV614BH Axxera model radio. I found the manual for it, but it has nothing about what to do when the radio won't turn on.

Thoughts? Ideas? Tips?

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #1457
Make sure the Storage switch is in the ON position. This supplies power to Motorhome when not in storage.. I have a 2015 Thor Four Winds 33SW and if the switch is in the STORAGE or off position there is no power to the radio......
Old 05-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #3

THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokescr View Post
Make sure the Storage switch is in the ON position. This supplies power to Motorhome when not in storage.. I have a 2015 Thor Four Winds 33SW and if the switch is in the STORAGE or off position there is no power to the radio......
Where might I find this "storage" switch that you speak of?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #4

THOR #1457
On mine it is right to the left just inside the entry door. An easy check is if the 12vdc lights come on when you turn one on the Storage Switch is ON.....if not then the Storage Switch is in the Storage position. As usual though, the switch in my motorhome was not marked and I had to find it by trial and error.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #5

THOR #1942
I did find this in the manual: "To alleviate battery discharge, during periods of storage of two weeks or less, disconnect the battery by pressing the battery disconnect switch located by the entry steps to the store mode. For extended periods of time the battery should be disconnected by removing the negative cable from the battery."

Perhaps my "store" switch is in the wrong position? Thank you for your comment. This made me go search the manual for the word "Storage" and came across this! I'll go try it!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 PM   #6

THOR #1942
Sure enough, you were right! When I clicked "use", and turned the coach on, everything worked fine. We must have hit "store". Thank you so much!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

THOR #1457
Not a problem....glad it solved your problem!!!