Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Iowa
THOR #6045
2015 33sw here, leveling jack alarm on start

When I start my truck whether Ive used the jacks or not more often than not the jack panel starts beeping until I acknowledge on the panel I got the message....

My fluid level is not low in the plastic hydraulic oil container. Ive tried setting the e brake when parking and thought that helped but it doesn't.

Seems crazy to have to go back into the coach each time I restart to hit that damn button.

Im very disappointed in the manuals given to me from thor with my coach, they are clearly universal and not model specific.

thanks if anyone has any ideas.. worst case scenario I will pull the panel and install a toggle switch to disconnect the power to the board when I want. You would think the power button on the face of the board would already do that.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
My coach does the same thing as a precaution. I saw someone drive off with their jacks down, they ignored the warning! Cost $1200 for a mobile repairman to remove the four bent jacks, have no idea what it would cost for replacement.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #3

THOR #6045
Something is wrong with yours also then. I suspect low fluid in one jack. I have one with some leaking at the hose fitting. But my overal tank is full.

I've had mine 3 weeks and driven it twice. I'll figure it out and fix it. It doesn't always do it so that is what's throwing me off.

We don't need a warning when the jacks haven't been deployed. You would have to be quite a moron to drive away jacks down. Not to mention they are a hassle to deploy. E brake on truck running. But truck has to be off to put the slide in and out etc.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #4

THOR #5196
Mine always does that because it receives power when the engine is started which causes it to cycle, not a defect, just how it's wired. Our jacks won't operate unless the engine is running which is fine with me. I have a checklist I go thru and jacks are one of the items, I just consider the alarm a safety warning, kinda like a seatbelt reminder.

I agree with the moron part, have seen it done. Have also seen people drive off with antenna up, water and sewer hoses unhooked, electric plugged in, you name it. Got a nice set of leveling blocks an idiot drove off and left, literally drove off the blocks and kept going!
Old 12-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Not sure what model jacks you have but mine:

Do not power up until I hit the power button to turn them on.
Automatically powers down after 4 minutes of no operation
Will auto retract and sound an alarm if the engine is running and I release the parking brake and there is a change in sensor value.

If my jacks are powered on and I start the engine I get a low voltage error until the alternator kicks in and charges the batteries back to the minimum voltage level required of the jacks which I believe is 12.7 VDC. I do have to hit the enter button to acknowledge the low voltage error before it will clear.

You can download the manual for your specific model of leveling jacks from Lippert Components website. Here is the link. Support Center
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #6

THOR #6045
Thanks I'll check that out. I am positive I'm not supposed to have to go hit buttons in my jacks each time I re start my engine!!
Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #7

THOR #6045
So u go hit the jack button every time you cycle your engine key?

I pulled out the panel. Easy enough to add a additional toggle so power will be off unless that is on.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:02 AM   #8

THOR #5196
I'm sitting in the seat when I start the engine, panel is right there, no big deal to me.
I've dealt with worse and don't consider this a problem. On our Tuscany I had to listen to the low air pressure alarm every time I started the engine when it had sat for more than a week.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:08 AM   #9

THOR #6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I'm sitting in the seat when I start the engine, panel is right there, no big deal to me.
I've dealt with worse and don't consider this a problem. On our Tuscany I had to listen to the low air pressure alarm every time I started the engine when it had sat for more than a week.
Good point.. on my unit which is a 2015 the panel is back by the bathroom. I did see on other 13/14 models I flew to look at they had a big controller in the cab... the way the e brake and engine has to be running... that actually makes more sense.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #10

THOR #5196
My jack control is mounted in the drivers console, very convenient to use, our Tuscany was the same.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:35 AM   #11

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa 33sw View Post
When I start my truck whether Ive used the jacks or not more often than not the jack panel starts beeping until I acknowledge on the panel I got the message....

My fluid level is not low in the plastic hydraulic oil container. Ive tried setting the e brake when parking and thought that helped but it doesn't.

Seems crazy to have to go back into the coach each time I restart to hit that damn button.

Im very disappointed in the manuals given to me from thor with my coach, they are clearly universal and not model specific.

thanks if anyone has any ideas.. worst case scenario I will pull the panel and install a toggle switch to disconnect the power to the board when I want. You would think the power button on the face of the board would already do that.
My 2016 Four Winds 33SW Super C does the same thing. I called Thor and spoke to Lippert as well. Thor acknowledges the issue but have no remedy. Lippert says it should NOT do what it is doing. So we, the consumer, are left in the middle. My Lippert control panel is also back by the bathroom and I cuss every time I have to get out and go push the button.

Lippert and Thor, if you are seeing this, please help us out!

Marshall
Old 08-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #12

THOR #6045
I moved my control s to my cab and put a toggle switch on the ground side. No issues so far.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #13

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Quote:
I moved my control s to my cab and put a toggle switch on the ground side. No issues so far.
Pictures and a better explanation of how you did it would be great to see!

Marshall
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #14

THOR #6045
old post of mine but I just ran the wires from the control module to the cab and made a alum box to put the control panel in, now I can stand outside my drivers door about 10 feet and control my jacks.

I havent been getting the alarm since I added the toggle to disconnect all power but, thor said I needed a new control module...
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #15

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
old post of mine but I just ran the wires from the control module to the cab and made a alum box to put the control panel in, now I can stand outside my drivers door about 10 feet and control my jacks.

I havent been getting the alarm since I added the toggle to disconnect all power but, thor said I needed a new control module...
I like the remote idea.
I take it your control panel was originally in the coach near the bathroom, like ours is.
What did you do about that site, on the wall, and getting a wire set extension to the driver's cab area?
Did you leave a hole in the wall?

Thor Outlaw 29H class C.
Not automatically alarming us upon start up.