RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #6754
"Found a 100 AMP breaker under the "hood" was thrown. Reset the breaker and used an external charger to charge the battery."

Thanks, Mo Mike. I don't see anything in the engine compartment that looks like a fuse or breaker. Do you recall where it was? I don't see one in the house batteries either.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:47 AM   #22

THOR #6754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I had a dead chassis battery on our 2016 VEGAS, emergency start did nothing...

Found a 100 AMP breaker under the "hood" was thrown. Reset the breaker and used an external charger to charge the battery.

As soon as the battery was charged, everything was good. I made sure I now carry long enough jumper cables to reach from the coach batteries to the chassis batteries "just in case".

I did not try the emergency start after I reset the breaker, but that could have been my problem. I also found that the chassis battery DOES charge from shore power as long as I don't try and start the engine while connected to shore power. If I turn the engine off, THEN connect to shore power, the chassis battery DOES charge from shore power. I figure there might be a relay miswired somewhere, but haven't tried to trace it down. When I questions THOR on this, I was told that shore power does not charge the chassis (which I know is incorrect, but not worth arguing about)

Like I said there is a 100 AMP breaker (mine was yellow) and when the "flag" is thrown, it needs to be reset. I think there is also one in the coach battery compartment
THANks, Mike. I do not see anything that looks like a fuse or breaker in either the engine compartment or the coach battery bank. Do you recall exactly where the breaker was?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #23

THOR #6754
Success!!! Thanks to everyone who responded. I finally managed to get all the pieces put together from all of your responses -- yes, I did finally find the battery terminals (I'm using the excuse that the sun was in my eyes), and I did find that yellow fuse that Mo Mike mentioned and reset that. I was able to use my battery pack to jump start the engine after I got all of that sorted out.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaEP View Post
THANks, Mike. I do not see anything that looks like a fuse or breaker in either the engine compartment or the coach battery bank. Do you recall exactly where the breaker was?
There is a 50 or 100'amp circuit breaker in the left hand back corner of the battery box, under the stairs, for the coach batteries... at least in the Axis 24.1. Glad you solved your problem. Now you know that you can solve the next one that comes up... People in the forum are always willing to help.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:56 AM   #25

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaEP View Post
Success!!! Thanks to everyone who responded. I finally managed to get all the pieces put together from all of your responses -- yes, I did finally find the battery terminals (I'm using the excuse that the sun was in my eyes), and I did find that yellow fuse that Mo Mike mentioned and reset that. I was able to use my battery pack to jump start the engine after I got all of that sorted out.
Glad you got it going, nothing is worse than being stuck "powerless".

The people on this forum has been lifesavers for a newbie like me...