Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2019, 01:59 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #14121
2019 Miramar 35.2 satellite question

Hi all. I picked up my 2019 Miramar 35.2 today. I was told I easily connect my DirecTV receiver (Winegard G2+ Carryout). The control panel has a open HDMI port to connect and I found the coax connecter in outside storage cabinet with the power cord. But I can’t find a coax connector inside the RV to connect the receiver. Anybody have any suggestions.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:20 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The coax termination plug will be in your video equipment cabinet. Generally it is close to the terrestrial antenna on top of the coach. The coax plug is attached to a plate containing the antenna power supply switch. The power supply must be turned OFF to use campground cables. My antenna power supply is behind the main TV. Be advised all sat dishes require a DC current to power the LNB on the dish's arm. The splitter that Thor Motorcoach installs just behind antenna power supply plate DOES NOT allow the passage of the DC current. You must bypass the splitter or buy and install a green label (DirecTV approved) splitter to replace your current one. Your dealer PDI should covered all this info.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #3

THOR #14121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The coax termination plug will be in your video equipment cabinet. Generally it is close to the terrestrial antenna on top of the coach. The coax plug is attached to a plate containing the antenna power supply switch. The power supply must be turned OFF to use campground cables. My antenna power supply is behind the main TV. Be advised all sat dishes require a DC current to power the LNB on the dish's arm. The splitter that Thor Motorcoach installs just behind antenna power supply plate DOES NOT allow the passage of the DC current. You must bypass the splitter or buy and install a green label (DirecTV approved) splitter to replace your current one. Your dealer PDI should covered all this info.

Thank you....will see if I can locate it
Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #4

THOR #14121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh4auburn View Post
Thank you....will see if I can locate it
I found the switch and it has 3 cables. 1 marked “antenna”, 1 marked “cable”, and 1 marked “set”. I tried splitting the antenna and cable with 1 coax back into the switch and 1 to my Direct receiver. The satellite is still not seeing the receiver. Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #5

THOR #6411
You have to bypass the splitter. The splitter is blocking the DC current going to the dish (sat antenna). The sat antenna can only operate with with power from the receiver or the power inserter. Only the HR-54 and the HS-17 genies have a power inserter in the receiver. DirectV receivers requite a "home run" of coax from the sat antenna to the receiver . Only a DirecTV approved splitter may be used (green label) if you want to keep a splitter in the circuit.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #6

State: Ohio
THOR #16727
We have a 2019 Thor Miramar and we are trying to hook up to cable for the first time. Where did you find the antenna switch box?
Old 09-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #7

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenspetal View Post
We have a 2019 Thor Miramar and we are trying to hook up to cable for the first time. Where did you find the antenna switch box?
It will be in the equipment cubby near you terrestrial antenna. It is located on the switch plate that contains a RG-6 coax connector. Behind the connector is a small push button (between the wall and the connector). In is on (power to the antenna); out is off. Most switch plates also have a small green power light beside the posh button switch.