Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #13581
2019 Vegas 27.7 Onecontrol Display not working

Hello,

So I am not sure what year they started using the Android display in the coach to act as the command center for basically every system, but in my coach it controls everything from HVAC, lights, pump, slides, bed lift, stabilizers, etc. The display is from Lippert.

The other day my slides showed offline and you rebooted the display and then all the buttons for each system disappeared except for the bed lift. While trying to mess with ot, it randomly came back on and went out again a few minutes later, then came back on again, etc etc. So I am now out Boondocking in the desert and as I arrived it's not working so basically can't do anything except turn lights on with the manual switches.

I assume there is some sort of junction box where everything connects to then a communication wire runs to the display. I can't figure out where that junction for all the systems is. It's not under the fridge or behind the breaker box. The display itself is next to the freige in the 27.7s. anyone have any insight how to fix this or where to check wires?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_132605.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	13866   Click image for larger version

Name:	1541398402334149963101732039547.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	13867  

Old 11-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site.

If everything disappeared at once I would suspect a loose ground wire somewhere, or a communications wire as you are thinking.

If you open up that closet (in your pic right behind the controller) is there an access panel behind it? Perhaps the right side of the closet has some screws instead of staples (a sure sign that it is "removable": screws = access panel, staples = don't ever remove).

That is where I would start: either behind that controller (or even try to take it off the wall...carefully) and trace the wire from there.

You may even want to give Thor a call with your VIN and ask them for all the engineering diagrams for your coach (included will be a couple useful wiring diagrams).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #3

Model: Gemini 24TF
State: Arizona
THOR #14026
I have the OneControl in my Gemini 24TF and I hate it. The computer is unstable and unreliable and controls absolutely everything in the coach. If it decides to go wonky I am stuck waiting to see if it will reset. I hope I don't lose my paper clips. If the batteries are too low I am stuck, can't even start the generator. I finally had to buy a small portable gas generator to recharge the batteries so I don't ruin my chassis engine. I also bought batteries that will hold a decent charge. First chance I get, I am replacing the OneControl with some analog switches and sensors. I've had the coach 5 weeks and love it except for the controller.