Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Idaho
THOR #3338
Unable to program key fob 2006 E450

Have a 2007 Four Winds Class C M31F with 2006 E450 chassis. Tried programming a key fob but won't go into the programming mode using the directions from the owners manual shown below. Does anyone know if the ability to program the key fob is not available for certain models, or a different procedure to get into programming mode?

Here are the directions I have been trying:
1. Place the key in the ignition and turn from the (2) LOCK position to (3) OFF. 2. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the (3) OFF position and (4) ON. Note: The eighth turn must end in the (4) ON position. 3. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated. 4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter. Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again. 5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed. 6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to program each additional remote entry transmitter (up to four transmitters). 7. Turn the ignition to the (3) OFF position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. 8. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
May not be your issue but I had the same problem with a 2015 Chateau on an E450 chassis. Turns out it was not a Ford factory system but some aftermarket device. My issue was it didn't operate the locks. Turns out it was just a loose wire so no reprogramming was necessary.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
Most of these I've found out are after market devices. I had to go to a local Car Toys to have mine programmed......and they'd cut the wires to short so I actually ended up buying a new and better one anyway. If you have a car stereo shop nearby - try them.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Idaho
THOR #3338
I am trying to get in to the factory Ford key fob programming mode. This is not an after market keyless entry system. I am familiar with them and professionally installed a number of them in the past but this is a completely stock system and directions are straight out of the Ford owners manual.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:22 AM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #4119
programming key fob

you may have found a solution by now. We had a similar problem with a another motor home. As it turned out the entire ignition had to be replaced. Good luck.