Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #2726
LCI Leveling system

My Leveling system flashes "return to service""error timed timed out". Tried to reset, held the 4 diamonds down etc. just get no response or change. Tried turning off but nothing happens.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boater2 View Post
My Leveling system flashes "return to service""error timed timed out". Tried to reset, held the 4 diamonds down etc. just get no response or change. Tried turning off but nothing happens.

Try holding down enter, retract and auto level simultaneously for ten seconds.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #3

THOR #2726
Thanks

Thanks a lot that worked.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 34F
THOR #1942
If you ever need to reset your zero point, start with the leveling system off then press the up button ten times then the down button ten times. Make sure you are on level ground before doing so.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:36 AM   #5

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekitties View Post
Try holding down enter, retract and auto level simultaneously for ten seconds.
I was able to reset mine by momentarily pressing the "enter" and "retract" at the same time.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #6

THOR #2726
I got it reset thanks to reply on this forum
Old 10-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

Model: Palazzo
THOR #2248
Entered in error - deleted
Old 10-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane
State: Tennessee
THOR #2975
Help!!!!!
We, too, have problem with "return for service" "error timed out" message, do you need to set parking brake, turn motor on prior to holding enter, retract, and auto level" down for the 10 secs? NB: We had to change coach battery as it was dead. Do we need to reset "zero point" prior to holding enter, retract and auto level?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:55 PM   #9

THOR #2726
Try holding down --- enter,retract and auto level simultaneously for ten seconds.
This was the suggestion I got and it worked for me. Good luck
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 PM   #10

THOR #2726
I didn't do anything other than hold these three
Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 AM   #11

THOR #2975
LCI leveling system

Thank you Boater2, tried that no success, guess will need to contact Thor to see if the battery problem has something to do with it. We had a dead battery prior to trying to use the leveling system.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #12

THOR #2817
ttcwalk5,
If you have Lippert levelers, you can call this number for technical support. 574.537.8900.

Please let us know the results of the call how/if you are able to get the levelers working.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #13

THOR #2975
LCI Leveling System

Thank you Metalman, turns out didn't need to contact anyone other than the forum. We had tried the suggestion given Boater2 which did not work yesterday. Because we were leaving the campground for home this morning, tried suggestion again, still didn't work. (BTW levelers were in up position)Drove home, tried once again.....lo and behold error message cleared. Must be the gremlins at work.

Anyway, want to thank everyone for their suggestions.

Will be attending a GEAR rally next couple of weeks, plan to talk with Thor service representatives about what happened, maybe they can shed some light why the problem occurred and then resolved itself after using suggestions.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #14

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I am also getting the return to service error but it is due to the converter malfunctioning. The leveling system thinks the battery voltage is too low.

Fred
Old 10-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #15

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcwalk5 View Post

....Will be attending a GEAR rally next couple of weeks, plan to talk with Thor service representatives about what happened, maybe they can shed some light why the problem occurred and then resolved itself after using suggestions.
Please let us know what you find out from the rep. Best of luck.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #16

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred g View Post
I am also getting the return to service error but it is due to the converter malfunctioning. The leveling system thinks the battery voltage is too low.

Fred
I got the "return for service" error a couple of times. I suspected the cause was due to a leak in the left front leveler and it lost up pressure when parked for a while.

Are you saying that your converter is not full charging your battery?

When I spoke to the rep., he said that even through the RV had been on shore power, it still needs to run for a while to build up voltage. I don't understand why, because according to my voltmeter (plugged into one of the 12-volt cigaret lighter type outlets on the dash), when the engine was running the voltage was up to where is normally is. These leveling systems must be very touchy.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #17

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
I've never traced the leveler wiring but I know it is very voltage and amperage sensitive. When I have pulled into our spot I put the tranny in neutral, set the emergency brake, turn on the levelers and push automatic. When it is done I turn off the engine then set the slide. This regimen has eliminated leveler and slide problems for me.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #18

THOR #3214
Levelling Sytem

I own a new 2014 Windsport 32N. I had a problem with the levelling system as well. I had just received the unit back from the dealer that day, having had some of many repairs done. Tried to level the coach in my yard but it just didn't want to level itself. It would lower the legs, then lift one, lower another. Just had a mind of its' own that seemed like it was smoking dope, lol. It kept doing that on its own until the hydraulic motor burned out. Of course, it then gave the error message, including the low voltage error. As n extra note, if I tried to reset the unit, my radio would turn on by itself too.

All of my jacks were down so I had to disconnect the hydraulic hoses from the pump and manually push the jacks back up. Luckily I was in the yard.

Returned the unit and the dealer replaced the pump and apparently had a hell of a time resetting the electronics to get rid of the error. Got the unit back home a few weeks later and had it another day before having to return it again because of rain dripping on to the dash. (First rain since I bought the unit)

While at the dealer, they tested the leveler again and it crapped out again. This time they supposedly replaced the whole system. Motor, pump, and electronics.

To make a long story short, everything that can go wrong on this unit, has. I think that I've probably had it in my possession fro about 10 days of the 7 months that I've owned it. It's at the dealer now and has been there for nearly 2 months again. A long, long list of non working items.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:58 AM   #19

State: Washington
THOR #4470
Thanks so much for this. My Hurricane suffers from 'low voltage' errors after being parked up for a few weeks, but the LCI sometimes complains by saying 'Sensor timeout', which doesn't help very much. I connected to shore power for an hour, tried your reset technique and everything worked.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:26 AM   #20

State: Missouri
THOR #4471
LCI Leveling system

I encountered the "retract timeout' and 'return for service' messages also. I called LCI and the tech told me to hold the 'enter' and the 'retract' buttons down at the same time,and doing that reset the system. When I got to my next destination, I got the same error messages. I held the two buttons down again and the system reset again. I then went outside to visually inspect all the levelers to make sure they were all fully retracted and discovered I had a hydraulic fluid leak on one of the cylinders. The hose coupler had come loose at the top of the cylinder.
So....if you get the error message on your control panel, it may not be just an electrical glitch, as I thought it was. There is probably some kind of issue with one of the leveling cylinders. So visually inspect all the cylinders if you keep getting the error message.