Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Florida
THOR #11144
I posted this back in 2018. Contacted SanTFlush and they told me back then the issue is that they see the back flow valve installed backwards more than 50% of the time. Mine was located behind a small panel in the closet. Took the valve off and reversed it and it has worked like a charm ever since.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:20 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #23516
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Has it ever worked? If so Thor quality control is not the problem.

If the system is not used correctly the holes in the system get plugged up. Folks have been known to remove the nozzle and drill the holes slightly larger to make up for clogging due to incorrect use.

My breaker valves on multiple coaches has always been under the lavatory. The breaker valves go bad and prevent the system from operating. Should be shown on your waste water plumbing diagram available from Thor.
It has never worked.
I just got it back from CW a couple months ago, I had asked that they take a look at it, but evidently it never got put on the list. To be fair I had several issues to be addressed under Warranty. When I reviewed the list I didn't catch that it was missing. so I tried to use it again and I got the same results. Looking through this Forum I observed a variety of QC issues, (just on the SANI Flush Feature alone).
I appreciate your point about how people can modify and ruin the original design.
I think the message I would take from that is that it doesn't meet up to customer expectations. Maybe they should reevaluate the design. I tried looking where it was described & it's not there. I saw another posting that indicated the Dealer created an access panel in a hallway wall where it was actually located.